Our client is a leading worldwide insurance firm with offices located regionally across the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for a nearly qualified / qualified actuary to join our clients life valuation team as a Development Actuary.
Within this role you will develop and improve systems and processes used by the Life Actuarial team, by identifying improvements, delivering these and incorporating the changes requested by the reporting teams. In this key role the Development Actuary will also chair the Development Group, prioritising and coordinating developments across the Life Actuarial department.
- Nearly/Qualified Actuary
- Expert knowledge of coding Prophet (or similar)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, strong VBA and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and SQL
- Actuarial modelling experience including understanding of cash flow modelling, assumption setting, assessing data quality and analysis of movements.
- Understanding of different reporting measures; IFRS 4, SII, IFRS 17
- Experience with change control and documentation for processes and models
- Good report writing skills
- Confident communicator that is able to explain technical material to a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
We are looking for a self-driven individual, with Prophet development experience and good modelling, technical, analytical and communication skills.
Want to hear more? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3861 9124 today.