Oliver James have partnered with a leading, global Consulting firm who are seeking to recruit Actuaries at all levels to join their fast-growing and very exciting Technology team. Sitting as part of the Life Actuarial team, you will be directly involved in projects across a growing, successful, and innovative team through designing and developing technology solutions for their actuarial clients. You will also work with a range of internal teams across Europe to develop latest ideas and initiatives into client ready propositions.
Your key responsibilities
- You will lead the delivery of key technology projects for clients, advising clients on an appropriate solution, and working with and/or leading a team of consultants and developers through to deployment.
- You will create innovative solutions and develop these into commercial opportunities for clients.
- You will work closely with colleagues to create a positive learning culture, coach junior team members, and build technology and machine learning capabilities.
- You will work closely with offshore development teams to build their capabilities, and to establish best practice frameworks and standards to which the offshore teams must adhere.
- You will be expected to manage your time and be responsible for delivering to both clients and internal stakeholders, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
Skills and attributes for success
- Part Qualified | Qualified Actuary or STEM PhD (other qualifications considered) with strong quantitative, machine learning, and data science skills.
- Experience of designing, building, and deploying technology solutions, with practical experience of open-source coding languages such as Python and R.
- An ability to work independently and to demonstrate commitment to assigned projects.
- Very keen attention to detail.
- Experience, or enthusiasm to learn, of microservices, cloud computing, and new technologies.
- Experience of Agile project management and working knowledge of the software development lifecycle would be a plus.