My client is a tier 1 insurance firm seeking an application architect at the enterprise level. This person will be working closely with the regional LBUs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define the to-be Application Architecture
- Create and manage reference architecture on middle office and back office applications.
- Perform reviews on IT initiatives and guide local business unit teams/vendors to create contents that are aligned with group target architecture.
- Research, design, propose, and potentially deliver technologies and solutions related to middle office and back office, including but not limited to policy administration, claims administration, underwriting, distribution management, billing and payment, content and communication management and enterprise resource planning, etc. Bring the best solution option to a given business requirement
- Participate and lead solution design during project initiation stage.
- Oversee the design and realization of the application architecture within programmes and projects as necessary, ensuring adherence to architecture vision, standards and policies.
- Short-term goal is to ensure architecture governance and smooth delivery of Group managed market (Philippines and Indonesia) projects.
- Work closely with multiple departments within Group (e.g. IT, corporate solution, agency, partnership distribution, finance, HR, compliance, etc.) and local business units to develop prototypes to nimbly test feasibility of new concepts.
- Contribute to technical discussions and enhancement initiatives related to improving straight-through-processing, automation, cloud migration, agile development, etc.
- Deliver training through training courses or on-the-job training to local business units with the outcome to have skilled application designer.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by reporting manager in order to meet operational and / or other requirements
- Regular communication to the BU EA community on the update of application architecture and ensure buy in and conformance where appropriate and exception approval where necessary
- Communicate regularly with the other EA team members and IT functions, ensuring alignment of the target architectures and standards
- Communicate complex technical problems in clear and simple terms
Preferred Job Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in IT or related function mandatory
- At least 10 years IT experience mandatory
- Significant demonstrable experience working in an IT solution design and delivery function in a multi-national company or leading management consultancy mandatory
- Insurance or financial services industry experience mandatory
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills at a senior level
- A deep understanding and experience delivering cloud, microservices and xaaS architectures
- Good understanding of infrastructure and its security, especially on Azure and inter-cloud communication
- Experience in cloud services
- Broad experience with various technologies, such as AS/400, Java, .NET, Node.js, React, VUE, Angular, Springboot, CI/CD tools
- Sound understanding of Project Management, SDLC and Agile methodology