As a Credit Risk Audit Specialist you are primarily responsible for adding value to the organisation via performing audits. Professional as you are, you are involved in and leading multiple audits throughout the year and are working closely together with your team members and other colleagues. This includes analysis of documentation and data, interviews with responsible business managers, testing of effectiveness of controls and audit filing and report writing. Audit findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
Next to leading and providing support to operational audits, you will also play a crucial role in analysing and communicating trends and developments in the area of Credit Risk Management. This will enable you to come with suggestions for the adaption of these trends and developments in the audit strategy and audit planning. In line with this you will play a pivotal role in providing assurance at global level within the area of Credit Risk Management.
You also play an active role in knowledge management by providing trainings in the area of Credit Risk Management to audit professionals within the global Bank organisation and to share your specialist knowledge.
Your work environment
As a Credit Risk Audit Specialist you will be located in Amsterdam within the Credit Risk audit team. This team is part of the Audit Division Risk & Finance. This is a highly professional organisation with approximately 20 audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 450 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training is highly supported and innovation like for instance increased use of data analytics in audits is stimulated.
Awareness of credit risk processes and infrastructure and an understanding of credit risk regulations as well as credit risk measurement, including regulatory/economic capital calculations and loan loss provisioning is important. You also have an understanding of internal audit processes.
Strong verbal, writing , analytical and interpersonal skills helps you to ask the right questions and get the right information; also when you have to overcome resistance first. You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams.
- have an academic degree and are preferably in the possession of a certification in Risk Management or in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation.
- have some (international) experience in complex organisations and a bird's eye view and knowledge of the banking's business and market risks, and associated controls.
- have (preferably) up or beyond several years relevant work experience in credit risk management and/or audit and internal control within a major bank or financial institution.
- are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated).
- are willing to travel 6-10 weeks per year.