Business Intelligence Engineer / £310-£375pd (PAYE) / 6-month contract / Fully remote
Oliver James' leading online retailer client are looking for a Business Intelligent Engineer to create the proper data modelling necessary to facilitate reporting & analytics identifying new data sources, and building out comprehensive data visualizations for key stakeholders. This role is truly a jack of all trades; it will be part process improvement, part analytics, part data modelling, and part strategic design. If you can seamlessly move across these various skill sets then you'll thrive in this role.
- Build out comprehensive metrics to measure operational health, then demonstrate continuous improvement within these metrics
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complex data sets.
- Build high impact dashboards to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Be the voice of your customers; communicate the needs of candidates, associates and staffing coordinators to your stakeholders via the data.
- Identify various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in a BI and/or Statistics role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with data visualization tools such as with Amazon QuickSight, Tableau , Power BI, Qlik or other relevant data visualization software.
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Able to work in a diverse team
Desirable but not essential
- Master's in Computer Science, Information Systems or MBA
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure preferably AWS including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift
- Experience with Amazon QuickSight data visualization.
- Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language.
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments.
- Experience in leading technical discussions and assisting teams in designing solutions
This is a great opportunity to work on an exciting project for one of the world's largest organisations.
Please apply with your up-to-date CV if this sounds of interest to yourself!