Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Our client is a professional liability insurance firm with operations across North America. The firm writes approximately $200mil in Premium per year and services C-Suite individuals of various complexities coming from Fortune 500 firms and small to large corporations.
Due to retirement, the firm is seeking it's next Finance Leader to propel the business to it's next stage of its growth trajectory. The CFO will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and assume responsibility of the division's Financial Reporting, Commercial Planning, Controller and Financial Planning activity.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's long-term plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization;
- Optimize the investment portfolio while maintaining compliance with investment policy and handle bank relationships to enhance investment returns.
- Develop reliable cash flow projections and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Review potential M&A opportunities.
- Seek and work with investors for capital infusion.
Essential Job Functions
- CPA or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- Well-qualified executive with 8-10 years of experience serving as a strategic finance and accounting leader ideally in the insurance, finance or professional services industries.
- A strong exposure to both the finance and accounting sides of the insurance business preferred.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills, as well as a desire to collaborate, build rapport, add value and effectively problem-solve
- Proven business acumen and clear comprehension of the legal, regulatory and financial elements of the business.
- Agile and decisive; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also leading to clarity and solutions; adapts quickly and effectively to change.
If you posses the above and would like to be considered, please contact Chris Dodds via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively apply using the prompts provided.