The role of Cloud Engineer is part of the Platform Automation Engineering team in our Cloud Centre of Excellence. The Cloud Centre of Excellence is a cross-functional team responsible for developing and managing the cloud strategy, governance, and best practices that the rest of the organization can leverage to transform the business using the cloud.
In this role, you join a team of highly skilled Platform Automation Engineers responsible for the end- to-end ownership and delivery of public cloud services. The Cloud Platform Engineer will be responsible for enabling and maximizing our ability to exploit cloud for business benefits, while ensuring customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, operational integrity and adherence to relevant industry best practices. You will be provided with guidance and training to facilitate your development within this role.
- Be responsible for code that provisions, configures, automates, monitors, and supports enterprise Cloud services that can be consumed by other development\platform teams
- Enable enterprise datacentre modernisation\migration initiatives by developing platform and infrastructure as code which supports global business applications and operations. Includes the areas of:
- Databases and Data
- Assist in the development of processes and practices to support migration of workloads to public cloud
- Through automation, enforce continuous compliance to industry operation and security standards
- Develop code to support the safe orchestration and release of infrastructure, applications, and Workloads to Cloud environments
- Work with the Cloud Architect to support architectural design and new cloud service implementations utilising industry best practices
- Provide out of hours on-call support for production and development environments as an escalation point
- Follow best practice around code management, such as source control, pull requests, artefacts and deployment packages
- Work to agile principles of Epics, Stories, Sprints to deliver code at the right time as guided by the Product Owner and Engineering Manager
- Use best practice for modern software delivery technique, such as Test Driven Development,
Domain Driven Design, Unit Testing, Pair Programming, QA Automation and testing
- Participate in development of security logging, monitoring, and alert triage
- Participate in security incident response and investigation as needed
- 7+years' experience in cloud engineering migration of infrastructure
- Experience of managing public/private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise
- Relevant degree or diploma programme of
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile
- Familiarity with version control platforms g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
- Troubleshooting experience in virtual/ cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile/Scrum
- Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated
- Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate
- Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness
- Proficient in the use of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform,
You'll be rewarded with an attractive package including competitive base salary, pension, and contribution towards healthcare, plus excellent flexible benefits such as homeworking opportunities. The role also offers prospects for development and progression within a global organisation.
This role may require occasional travel (within Europe typically).