Who is our client ?
At our client they are a passionate group of audio experts working to build a better marketing experience for advertisers while providing publishers with unique monetization opportunities. Through its owned and operated technology and strategic partnerships, Targetspot connects advertisers of all sizes with the fast-growing audio landscape of pureplay, online radios, podcasting and connected devices, reaching a worldwide audience of more than 1 billion monthly digital audio impressions.
Their engineering team operates a MS-SQL Cluster, however we are aiming to reduce the MS-SQL footprint by switching gradually to PostgreSQL. On top they are looking at or already using new types of data technologies (Azure Event Hubs, Sparks, Google Big Query, Power BI) and they are looking for someone to help them on all those topics.
If you're passionate about managing high volume data at scale, read billions of requests and rows, they need your help !
What will you be doing?
- Design, implement and maintain highly available data pipelines across different SQL, NoSQL, Cloud and On premise data systems
- Automate repetitive tasks, provide the tools to the developers to become autonomous
- Work closely with developers to design best data solutions to fit their needs
- Work with the product owner to bring fantastic data visualisation widgets to the business and customers as fast as possible
- Act as the single point of contact when it comes to structure, design, optimise data
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Define and document standards and guidelines
Who are you?
- At least 2 to 5 years experience in software engineering in the data field
- Knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of MS-SQL
- Non-relational technologies : data streaming, queueing, ...
- Knowledge of data warehousing technologies
- Knowledge for data visualisation tools like PowerBI is a plus
- Used to work in a cloud environment, preferably Azure Proficiency with various CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with the concepts of a micro service architecture and infrastructure as code
- Experience with deploying containers on a platform like Kubernetes and its ecosystem is a plus
- A strong team-player, willing to share knowledge with other team members and help out where needed
- You have strong verbal and written English language skills