Oliver James have partnered with a leading insurance business looking to hire a data governance lead on a permanent basis.
As Data Governance Lead, you will be the in-house expert, and as such highly skilled at ensuring our data is well managed, fit for purpose, and delivering maximum value. You will be expected to partner with the business and work with data owners and other stakeholders to embed best practice within the organization.
You will be responsible for developing Data Governance products and services that help establish a culture of "Data Value" and work with the Head of Data Value Management to mature data literacy and capability as the business undertakes a significant investment in business wide modernisation.
- Support and develop the Data Governance team, processes and tools to achieve the business data strategy / objectives
- As part of the wider Data Value Management team, ensure we deliver enhanced outcomes via central capability, and effective implementation of products and services across the business.
- Implement effective Data Governance frameworks that enhance capability and maturity across the business, and ensure appropriate, accurate and up-to-date information is integrated into our systems at the point of need.
- Manage specialist analyst resources and work with multiple business domain to implement the data governance policy
- Ensure the successful implementation and adoption of Data Governance processes and tools by partnering effectively with data owners and stewards
- Set enterprise wide governance standards for external data.
- Dynamically use the latest trends in data governance to drive positive cultural change in people, process, and technology.
Skills and Abilities
- A deep understanding of both data management and data governance policies and best practices, including industry trends
- Strong experience in enforcing best practice. Able to combine rigour and discipline with a pragmatic approach to deliver the highest quality, cost effective solutions within set time-frames
- Navigating and supporting the business to successfully adopt data governance policies and standards
- Driving delivery of value through data governance implementation during the journey of modernisation and change initiatives
- Management and communication skills with both business and technical partners
- Problem solving skills
- Collaborative team player with an orientation towards work relationships
- Strong cultural awareness
- Ability to extract information by questioning, listening and interviewing
- Results orientated
- Keen eye for detail with a genuine interest in understanding the journey data travels along
- Analytical with strong numeracy and good statistical skills
- Ability to manage and coach technical and non-technical staff
- Comfortable presenting complex data flows and relationships to non-data peers and colleagues
- Ability to identify and help the business to assess options and solutions that best fit requirements
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Stakeholder management and ability to communicate concisely at a number of levels
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in Data Governance and Quality role
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry
- Detailed knowledge of business and technology issues related to data management
- Clear knowledge and experience relating to the application of data governance principles to support and drive data strategy
- Established governance processes and engaged teams (direct and matrix), to lead and implement enterprise-wide data governance and demonstrable improvements in data quality
- Experience using automation to manage and support data governance and quality
- Experienced at using the relevant statutory frameworks such as the GDPR and other data privacy regulations to drive data governance.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a Data Governance Framework
- Working knowledge of lean, continuous improvement and Agile ways of working
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV below.