Data Protection Officer Milton Keynes £55-60K
Oliver James have partnered with an Insurance company in Milton Keynes who are looking to Data Protection Manager.
Your day to day duties will include:
* Working closely with the Compliance department you will act as the Data Protection SME for the provision of data protection guidance to the business (including Executives) on key projects and initiatives to ensure compliance is adhered to within the company.
* Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with all aspects of the DPA and GDPR including:
o Responsibility for ensuring that DPIA's are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements.
o Work closely with Legal and the Information Security manager to ensure that all data protection considerations are being addressed.
o Monitor and audit company compliance with GDPR.
o Manage data protection breaches and have oversight for ensuring remedial actions are implemented.
o Manage all DSARS received in accordance with the GDPR.
o Oversee all GDPR data incidents reported by the business to ensure appropriate remedial action has been undertaken.
Other Compliance duties will include: (training on offer)
* Support the delivery of the Compliance Annual plan.
* Support the development, management and execution of a compliance monitoring plan including conducting compliance monitoring reviews and report on findings.
* Contribute to drafting papers for the Consumer Committee, Executive Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee Reporting.
* Undertake periodic reviews of key risk policies owned by Risk and Compliance to ensure they are up-to-date and obtain sign off from the Policy Owner.
* Provide 2nd line support and challenge regarding the business management of information security
* Lead on the oversight of data risks including IMAP requirements and support the business in delivering an effective data governance
To apply for this role you must possess the following skills:
* Educated to degree level with relevant professional qualification in data protection.
* Extensive experience in a financial services organisation - with previous experience in compliance.
* Good knowledge of ICO/GDPR requirements and experience with the ICO
Please apply now for immediate consideration.