Professional Services - Deployment Network Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deploy customer services to the highest standard across our diverse platforms.
- Identify requirements for each service delivery and work with relevant departments to ensure these are in place - e.g. core nodes, new backhaul, diversity requirements etc.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Provide technical support in large or complex projects.
- Provide support and guidance to team members where required.
- Provide technical support to the greater service delivery department as required.
- Network performance review and improvement.
- Preparation of customer handover packs to spec and submit for acceptance.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Service provider experience, of which field experience is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Nokia, Juniper.
- A team player driven by an appetite to learn and develop.
- Track record of successful technical project execution.
- Good general understanding of transmission network principles, including circuit design and proven experience of contributing to improving resilient platform operation.
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python etc. and a general understanding of network programmability / dev-ops methodologies
- Demonstrate application of problem-solving skills within the telecommunications transmission field.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Telecom vendor experience in testing and validation of carrier class platforms.
- Cisco or another IP and/or Ethernet certification.
- Degree in Telecoms or IT Engineering