An exciting opportunity to make an impact not only with the clients but within the firm. The client strives to provide a better experience for their premier PE-backed clients and our team. If you enjoy providing expertise in the fast-paced world of PE, this is a unique opportunity to become part of a growing, collaborative, energetic and entrepreneurial team!
The client is a trusted business advisory firm, specializing in Accounting Advisory, Business Transformation, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity, and Technology Solutions - and now a Private Equity Consulting Group!
Serve clients within the "Office of the CFO" of private equity portfolio companies. Create a diagnostic framework to improve finance function effectiveness
* Assess current state of the finance/FP&A function and visualize desired state operating model
* Provide a clear roadmap to guide the transformation
* Implement organization, process, and technology enhancements to achieve optimal FP&A function
* Manage projects and maintain an integrated project plan using project management tools
* Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to leadership and PE sponsor
* Work/liaise cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
* Assist in client finance and/or accounting functions to include: Accounting and operational process improvements, consolidation and reporting, financial reporting preparation, board and management reporting, and system strategy/selection (if needed)
M&A related services
* Assist with complex transactions implementing best practices in the following areas:
* Post-closing balance sheet settlement
* Carve out financials
* Accounting method changes
* On-going integration projects
* Sell side assistance: Liaise with buy-side due diligence teams (M&A, outside counsel, actuaries, etc.) as appropriate to ensure all aspects of the transaction are accounted for
Accounting Advisory services
* Advise on complex accounting policy (ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.) in all areas of US GAAP and/or IFRS
* Serve as a role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Senior Consultants and Consultants both on projects and within coaching families.
* This includes being a champion for the firm in our community, within the market, with recruits, and with employees to attract and retain our people.
* Participate in advancing the firm through committee
* Develop and maintain personnel relationships at portfolio company as well as representatives from Private Equity sponsors and work with CrossCountry team members to scope, clarify, and deliver superior client service
* Participate on proposal teams in securing new client work
Ideal Skills And Qualifications:
* 5+ years of experience working in a client facing role at a top-tier public accounting firm and/or consulting firm OR
* 3+ years of experience in a corporate development function where the candidate has managed a team and reported to internal or external stakeholders; OR
* 3+ years of experience in Investment banking OR
* 6+ years of experience in a corporate FP&A role where the candidate has managed a team, reported to internal leadership (CEO, CFO) and had exposure to M&A transactions.
* Experience working with Private Equity or within a highly acquisitive company, with an understanding of the unique requirements of the Sponsor consulting environment
* In depth knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP and/or IFRS) and the ability to advise/research complex technical accounting and transaction issues
* Proven track record as an influential change agent, championing, organizing and successfully and efficiently executing new ideas and initiatives
FULLY REMOTE WITH WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL 30-50% POST COVID