Our leading global consultancy practice client is seeking to appoint a Qualified Actuary, into the position of Manager / Senior Manager for their Non-Life Actuarial function.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a developed and commercially focused team, who values the importance of career satisfaction, alongside a strong focus on work-life balance.
- Contribute to a wide range of consulting projects including IFRS 17 gap analyses and implementation, model design, development and implementation, risk appetite development/reviews, market analysis, reserve and domestic actuarial regime peer reviews, risk management, and process improvement, due diligence on mergers and acquisitions and product design.
- Lead actuarial teams undertaking actuarial reserving or review work in respect of the Head of Actuarial Function role.
- Lead actuarial teams carrying out audit support for insurance audit teams. Consider the risks facing insurers in the context of liability valuation and manage colleagues to ensure delivery of high-quality audit services to our clients.
- Work with colleagues cross-practice to deliver strategic and other projects, ensuring the provision of quality services and innovative solutions for our clients.
- Develop and manage client relationships including project planning, budgeting and resolving issues.
- Contribute to practice management, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and appraisals.
- Contribute to the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, through research activities and by playing a significant part in new business proposals and presentations and market eminence.
- Qualified actuary with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Sound knowledge of the Non-Life insurance industry and the ability to apply that knowledge in commercial situations.
- Experience of financial reporting, in particular experience of Solvency II and/or IFRS reporting.
- Knowledge of IFRS17 would be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL or experience of credit risk modelling would be advantageous but not essential.
- Adaptable, with a keen interest in developing your technical and commercial capabilities.
- Proven ability to creatively apply problem solving skills in a wide range of situations.
- Capability to maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven experience of managing teams and/or projects would be advantageous.
Please note again, this is a qualified role, a relevant Actuarial qualification is an essential attribute.
For more information, please send your CV to the below contact details.