Oliver James Dublin are representing a Global Non-Life insurer in their focus to appoint a Risk and Capital Management Actuary.
You will as the Risk and Capital Actuary l work within the Risk function; be a fully qualified Actuary, with a working knowledge of the Irish General Insurance market.
In the role you will be reporting to Chief Risk Officer, the role will be responsible for managing a team of trainee and qualified actuaries in the Risk Capital Management function with key responsibilities being;
- Oversee the capital team's population, construction, running and maintenance of the Short Term Economic Capital (STEC) across the organisation. The principal tool used is ReMetrica.
- Report and present the results of the regular results to Group Risk Management and relevant Risk or Capital Committees
- Oversee the completion of relevant identified sections of Pillar 3 reporting, eg SFCR, RSR, QRTs, local specific templates, and Group reporting.
- Assist in the independent reserve reviews to provide a second opinion / challenge on reserve level recommendations proposed by Head of Actuarial Function for accounting and Solvency II technical provisions, taking into account business trends, external market considerations, regulatory and accounting standards and internal risk appetite.
- Manage the co-ordination, organisation and maintenance of business processes requiring capital / 2nd line reserving input not limited to but including: Strategic Planning, Accounting team and Regulatory reporting, Reinsurance, ORSA, Economic performance target setting, and stress & scenario testing.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for Risk or Capital Committees.
The Ideal candidate
- Qualified as a fellow of the Institute of Actuaries or equivalent;
- Actively continue professional development to keep up to date with developments in general insurance and the Irish market
- Will have a minimum of 3 years experience in actuarial related work
- Understand products and Irish General Insurance market
- Understand financial reporting standards applicable to General Insurance
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software packages including but limited to MS Products, Resq, SaS or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Displays ownership and accountability for ensuring work is carried out to high standards
- Effectively contribute to team co-operation, trust & morale.
Our client offers excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people.
There is a key focus on diversity and inclusion which means empowering people to be 100% themselves at work. Our client are also moving towards a smart working model.
For more information, apply via the link..