As a Global Legal Advisor for Oliver James you will to join the growing Oliver James Global Legal Team and report directly to the General Counsel in a centralised Group global legal team based in Manchester. You will take responsibility for smart and quality legal advice and be the dedicated legal advisor for specific OJ regions, with a focus on commercial contracts negotiation. You will also have the opportunity to provide advisory legal support for your dedicated regions.
To perform this role well, we require:
* Academic degree
* Strong practical legal experience at a law firm and/or in -house
* Minimum 2 year experience of leading on commercial contract review, drafting and negotiation processes
* Excellent analytical and organisational skills and attention to detail
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Exposure to working on international / multi-jurisdictional legal matters (experience of US legal matters would be beneficial).
* Highly motivated and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic setting.
An insight into some of your responsibilities:
* Take a lead role in commercial contract negotiation for specific OJ regions, ensuring smart, quality and efficient closing of contracts.
* Advising OJ consultants and directors on commercial terms, liabilities and risk management in client contracts in different jurisdictions.
* Play a key role in the development and digitisation of OJ's commercial contracts
* Act as a trusted advisor to OJ consultants and directors on other legal issues (such as data protection and contentious matters), taking a proactive approach to support and manage legal risk.
* Identify opportunities to further embed the impact of the OJ Legal Team within the business, through delivery of education and engagement sessions.
* Seek opportunities to impact the development of the Oliver James Legal Team members and share knowledge with the wider business.