Oliver James are currently partnered with an exciting Insurance Technology business located in Zurich, Switzerland in search of a Head of IT Infrastructure. This business is a start-up within one of Switzerland's most recognised Insurance businesses, therefore comes with great recognition and reward! More specifically, they are one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. They manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
As Head of IT Infrastructure, your main responsibilities will include the management, leadership and high performance of a team of site reliability engineers to tackle highly complex problems within high-traffic distributed infrastructure. You will be working to create, design, implement and test automated solutions with a focus on producing efficient customer-facing applications.
- Day to day leadership of highly capable engineering teams and site reliability engineers responsible for the design, development and implementation of large scale infrastructures in cloud platforms, with a focus on efficiency and continuous deliver solutions.
- Promote engineering & infrastructure excellence and leadership across the department with a focus on cross-functional teamwork & end-to-end responsibility to ensure reliability, security, automation and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Take responsibility for mission critical services alongside product engineering teams to achieve core business metrics
- Implementation of company-wide processes and methodologies to establish teamwork culture between engineering & infrastructure teams.
- Provide constant support, guidance, operational management and leadership to keep the engineering department on track for continuous improvement and growth
- Higher education in Computer Science or a similar field of study (Masters or PhD preferred) or equivalent working experience.
- 10+ years' experience in engineering/infrastructure management in building & leading engineering teams on their mission to operate and evolve high-traffic, customer-facing micro service infrastructures
- 5+ years' experience in cloud computing platforms (AWS preferred), containerisation/orchestration (docker/Kubernetes), configuration mgmt. (terraform, ansible, puppet), implementation & CI/CD (GIT, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience in software engineering in any modern language (Python, Go, Rust, Java, Kotlin, C++) is a plus
- Solid understanding of the implications and the thread-offs of different solutions with regards to performance, reliability, availability and security.
- Analytical and detailed approach to solving distributed architecture
- Fluent English speaking ability, other language skills beneficial
This is a permanent job opportunity, with competitive salary & compensation. For further information, please contact William.firstname.lastname@example.org | +41 43 508 05 01