I am currently working with a well established Insurance client who are looking to source a Head of Risk and SMCR for their expanding team. This role will report into the Director of Risk and Compliance and look at the management of the risk frameworks as well as ongoing updates relating to SMCR. (This is a hybrid based role, 1-2 days per week in the office)
- Manage the companies processes and controls whilst updating policies relating to SMCR.
- Provide guidence and training to people within the business who are new to SMCR.
- Implementation and development of the ERM Frameworks.
- Working across 1st and 2nd line risk to ensure effective support is being given to the 1st line.
- Assist the Director of Governance in new company Risk/Compliance strategies.
- Practical experience of SMCR and wider Risk Controls within a Financial Services setting.
- Solid understanding of systems and processes, including Risk Management foundations.
- C-suite/Board level exposure and management of senior stakeholders.
- Ability to travel into the North Birmingham office 1 day per week.
If this role is of interest, please apply online with a copy of your updated CV.