Oliver James are recruiting a Life Actuary to support our clients IFRS 17 project.
The client is offering a generous salary for a 6-9 month fixed-term contract.
The ideal candidate would be nearly/newly qualified with good Life reporting experience.
- A great opportunity to gain experience in IFRS 17.
- Career building role as IFRS 17 project experience is high demand,
- Ideal for someone with 1 month notice looking to get into the contract market.
Duration: 6-9 months
Location: Remote working
Start Date: By Mid June (can accommodate 1 month notice)
Salary (Pro-rata): £80-90k + generous benefits
This salary is on offer to nearly/newly qualified actuaries as well as qualified!
Summary of Role
The core duties of the IFRS 17 Project Actuary will be the development, implementation and testing of various aspects of the new insurance account standard. The role reports to the Actuarial Reporting Manager who is leading the IFRS 17 actuarial workstreams.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Working on design and development of the CSM calculation engine, Risk Integrity, to meet the disclosure requirements of IFRS 17
- Assist in the delivery of IFRS17 Prophet and Data development in a timely manner, ensuring rigorous implementation of checks and controls
- Documenting model developments and processes to relevant internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Draft and present technical papers to the IFRS 17 Steering Committee
- Provide support and review in other areas of the business as required, e.g. IFRS 17 QIS exercise required by Group
- Provide SME support on IFRS17 transition training to the BAU team
Skills & Experience
- Nearly/Newly qualified Life actuary (more senior experience welcome!)
- Strong financial reporting experience, including a good understanding of UK IFRS and/or Solvency II metrics
- Experience of drawing conclusions quickly and applying expert judgement where necessary
- Experience of communicating financial results effectively to a variety of peers and senior management
- Previous experience of actuarial project work
- Knowledge of actuarial modelling software; Prophet or Risk Integrity or SQL desirable
The client is looking to arrange interviews and offer quickly, so please apply today!
Contact Chris.Armstrong@weareoliverjames.com with a copy of your most recent CV
Oliver James specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally and would welcome the opportunity for a confidential conversation about your career aspirations.