Oliver James are partnered with a global re-insurer as they seek to appoint an investment analyst at AVP level to join their asset management team.
This is an exceptional role, with a high degree of visibility across the global business. This is the strategic implementation arm of the group, who look to deploy investments within the legal entity. Working as a team you will be smartly assigning the investments with the best fit, which is assessed via different metrics including accounting, solvency and tax and legal.
You will be an investment partner and represent the Asset Management team in committee meetings, providing consultation on the reason behind the investment choices. There will be engagement with the actuarial, tax and legal teams, consulting experts to understand the yield of certain investments as well as the tax and legal implementations.
There is an opportunity to grow within the team according to your preference and skills, including focusing on the operations, quantitative or client partnering side.
This is a broad role and is open to a variety of backgrounds and would suit candidates with the following:
- A strong mathematical background, such as actuarial studies, physics, data analytics/statistics, quant or PhD in Maths
- experience of working in a complex matrix structure (desirable)
- a good understanding of SAA, ALM, or Solvency II
- Life insurance knowledge (desirable)
- project management experience
- portfolio management, experience or knowledge
- have an EU/Swiss passport
For further information please contact Natalie Lightfoot directly: