**Senior IT Network Engineer - Fixed Term Contract - London / Remote**
Our client a Financial Services leader is currently recruiting for a Lead Network Engineer, that will drive the technical execution of key strategic and tactical projects, advancing the development of the companies networks toward next-generation capabilities. This is a highly-visible, business critical role within the Infrastructure Network Services team.
The Senior IT Network Engineer, will be the principal technical resource on a key IT transformation programme to replace the existing firewall estate with a new vendor, move to an SD-WAN model and decommission the existing MPLS network and legacy hardware. In addition, to provide input on other ongoing projects as required.
You will have an excellent technical knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies and experience of migrating between vendors as well as excellent communication skills to document the solution and provide knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Provide end-to-end technical leadership through architecture, engineering, and operations, driving the execution of the Network Transformation project transforming networks, with a focus on delivering best-in-class security, availability & performance, as well as improved network automation and tools capabilities, increased operational efficiencies, and lower network unit costs.
- Collaborate closely with network architecture, planning, engineering & operations teams to develop road maps and time-bound, metrics-driven execution plans and milestones.
- Collaborate with high-performing network architects and engineers, providing technical oversight on key network initiatives based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Build relationships and work with Delivery partners and stakeholders within broader internal organizations to promote a unified approach to network transformation and strategic road map.
- Responsible for the technical hands on Build and Configuration elements aligned the Network Transformation initiative
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of routing, switching & firewall
- Knowledge of LAN setup (Meraki experience would be preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, including on the telephone
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows 10 and Office inc.365
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory
- Identify potential changes and system improvements and drive continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- A commitment to ongoing training
- Works well as part of a team but also excellent at using own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills
- ExcellentFortinet experience, including:
- experience of migrating from other vendors to Fortigate (Palo Alto preferred)
- Setup of NGFW and SD-WAN
- Setup and use of Fortinet software and tools
- Excellent Palo Alto experience
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with mobile devices (Apple and Android)
- Able identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications
- Knowledge of SCCM and use of in a Desktop environment
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Knowledge of ServiceNow (Incident, Request & Problem)
- Good knowledge of Mitel, Redbox, Skype, Teams
- Have a knowledge of Apple devices (iPad and iPhones)
- Be able to dismantle and rebuild a desktop and laptop
- Good knowledge and previous experience of CRM systems
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced customer service environment