MI Analyst - Insurance
Purpose of the Role
- The role will involve building and developing the back-end infrastructure as part of the Future State Reserving project that is on-going within the business.
- The Reserving team coordinates the reserving process and regulatory reporting requirements related to the SII Technical Provisions
- The Insurance Data / MI Senior Analyst will report into the Reserving Projects Actuary who reports into the Head of Reserving.
- Understanding the internal Actuarial processes with a view to providing input around improvements of those processes
- Maintaining and developing the SQL Server infrastructure that will form the basis of the future reserving processes Designing and creating custom reports
- Advanced querying of existing SQL Server databases using TSQL
- Understanding MI needs by working with the business
Skills and Experience
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience using SQL Server in a BAU and build capacity
- In addition, strong TSQL querying skills are required
- Exposure using SSAS OLAP cubes in a BAU capacity, although build experience is not necessary
- Experience with Power BI and integrating it into the Microsoft software suite, particularly MS Excel.
- Previous experience working within Insurance required - preferably Lloyds Insurance experience