Network Security Engineer
This is a customer-facing role. Creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure are key attributes.
- Expert-level knowledge of enterprise network administration, engineering, and security.
- Working-level knowledge of Juniper
- Working Level kowledge with Checkpoint
- Working-level knowledge of information technologies including hardware & software, system administration, and system analysis & integration.
- Experience implementing or working with IT security best practices and methods.
- Ability to analyze unusual, non-routine, or complex situations and problems and devise alternate strategies for solutions.
- Ability to understand the needs of end-users.
- Ability to extrapolate abstract business problems into a successfully targeted architecture benefiting
- Ability to guide and mentor peers on tasks related to their area of expertise.
- Ability to make decisions on matters of significance and implement these decisions
- Advanced knowledge of policies, standards, and the computing environment.
- Manage large, multi-entity network projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to work in a team environment with developers, testers, and analysts.
- Effective verbal and technical writing communication skills.
- Prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to write and maintain good technical documentation.
- Ability to lead a deployment or troubleshooting team.
- Ability to work scheduled periods of 24x7 on-call support
Industry certification is an advantage in one or more of the following:
Detailed knowledge of Network Security
- Firewalls product experience across vendor products, such as: Checkpoint