Job Profile: Global Fund Accounting, Pricing Analyst
Job Profile Summary:
To serve as a Security Pricing Analyst technical expert and ensure pricing compliance with corporate polices and regulatory requirements, while minimizing business risk and maximizing value for shareholders.
In this role, you will:
- Research, analyze, and determine security prices for positions held across various our client funds.
- Review and provide direction to our service providers on hard to value securities, static/stale price, corporate actions, FAS levels etc. and act as a point of escalation for complex security pricing issues thereby ensuring integrity in the daily valuation of positions.
- Demonstrate accuracy and ability to meet multiple daily deadlines
- Create a working knowledge of our client security pricing policies and analytics to ensure that operational procedures meet best practices.
- Complete and evidence oversight of our client funds per regulatory requirements for Designated Person's (DPs)
- Prepare dashboard reports for management and establish ownership for corrective action as necessary.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the our client Global Fund Accounting (GFA) team, global products/investment instruments and third party pricing data providers.
- Assesses business needs and recommend changes to processes to gain efficiencies and ensure quality service.
- Work globally with peers in Security Pricing and Global Fund Accounting oversight roles
- Promote a team atmosphere within the Global Fund Accounting department and our client as a whole by fostering a "one our client" attitude.
- Serve as a resource to the GFA department and willingly share expertise. Cross-train in all team functions and be capable of supporting operational coverage for the US Securities Valuation team.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Integrate project results smoothly into workflows and ensure that new or specialized procedures and workflows are documented.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience in a related role
- Demonstration a deep understanding of fund Security Pricing workflow
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with external providers, internal business clients and crew members at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to take ownership of issues, initiate solutions, make well-reasoned decisions and follow through to ensure client satisfaction.
- Proficient in using Bloomberg and other vendor portals as well as Microsoft packages particularly Excel.