Oliver James Dublin is representing a global reinsurer in their focus to appoint Reinsurance Underwriter, with Treaty writing experience. You will in the UW and alongside the Actuarial function.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Within their designated markets develop a reinsurance portfolio that is value adding to the business over the long term
- Develop client and broker relationships in these markets centred on delivering an excellent client experience which is based on the organisation clearly understanding key needs and providing clear and differentiated options to fulfil these needs effectively
- Structure reinsurance programmes in close collaboration with the actuarial colleagues - bringing about efficiencies in the management of the client's capital
- Communicate efficiently with the pricing and modelling actuaries in order to provide the best solutions for the business model
- Understand market specificities, contract wordings and initiate related projects, market data collection as well as contribute to the company's business plan, as necessary
- Contribute to the development of the company brand in Europe
- Support the ongoing development of the company underwriting expertise including wider organisation knowledge and insight
- Travel extensively throughout your designated territories meeting clients and potential clients
Skills and Experience
- Deep insight and strong knowledge of reinsurance, having worked in an underwriting role previously with clear client responsibilities i.e. your own portfolio of clients for at least five years (Essential)
- Financially literate and deeply commercial in all dealings on behalf of the business while understanding of the needs of clients
- Market knowledge with reference to delegated European markets
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to negotiate complex deals
- Ability to constructively challenge and enhance existing reinsurance structures
- Fluency in another European language as well as being an accomplished English speaker (Desirable).
- Excellent presentation, strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tested and accomplished relationship management focus in optimising mutual benefit in client relationships;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team with the minimum of supervision;
- Solution-oriented and client focussed with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage time effectively, focusing on priorities, targets and deadlines;
- High attention to detail and accuracy with strong report writing skills;
- Strong collaborative approach and ability to engage with other functions; Strong personal ethos centred on professionalism, integrity and building sustainable long-term relationships.
- Competitive and market benchmarked salary based on experience and achievements;
- Performance bonus based on group, company and individual performance;
- Hybrid working arrangements available balancing working from home and the office
- Market-leading 'fair play' time in lieu of time management process;
- Company contribution of 10% to pension - vests after two years service;
- Minimum 25 days annual leave, as well as volunteering days, leave and graduation day's leave;
- Corporate level health insurance and dental cover;
- Excellent staff learning support programme;
- Robust and attractive training and development including self-directed learning;
- Vibrant, active sports and social club;
- Attractive office location at the edge of the city centre.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package as per above, alongside a strong focus on fast career development and flexible working.
For more information, please send me your CV via the link.