Urgent FTE role Senior Salesforce Developer with 5+ years' experience. The client is open to fully remote or hybrid working options and start dates are potentially immediate. Package is flexible depending upon specific technical experience.
The client is a mid-sized regional manufacturing business. They are going through a period of significant growth and have for many years placed significant emphasis on company culture, internal employee progression and opportunity. This role represents a continued expansion of their Salesforce Practice and will have involvement with a number of interesting and high-priority projects.
Please note in order to be considered for this opportunity you must meet all of the essential criteria.
- Significant development experience on the salesforce platform (4 years+)
- Professional experience working as a salesforce developer, sysadmin or application builder
- Release management/software development lifecycle experience
- Professional knowledge of Service Cloud and Sales Cloud
- Extensive salesforce development experience (6 years+)
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint
- Experience with Precursive Project Management Software
- Experience with BitBucket
- Professional experience in a manufacturing/logistics organizations
Full Description Below:
The Senior Salesforce App Builder is a member of the Business Technology team, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Platforms. This role will lead the design and execution of declarative development on the Salesforce platform and build Salesforce based applications designed to inspire while facilitating the needs of end users. This role will mentor other team members on their Salesforce learning journey.
Given that the role will interact heavily with members of the Business Technology team as well as members of various business units, candidates must bring a "customer service" oriented approach to their work, seeing their primary function as an enabler to business solutions. As such, the following traits will be valued when evaluating candidates:
- Customer Driver: Uncompromised focus on helping our internal customer achieve success.
- Positive Engaged Employee: Recognizing that our employees work and succeed together.
- Accountability: Honoring commitments, taking action, and following through to closure.
- Adaptability: Continuously seeking to improve the business and one's self.
- Detail Oriented: Getting the details right in all work products and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert advice on the ServiceMax / Salesforce platform.
- Develop and test customized solutions within the ServiceMax / Salesforce platform and Integrations to support critical business functions and meet project objectives.
- Daily technical support and maintenance for two Salesforce instances.
- Tie in automation across Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Provide leadership to the development team and offer guidance on best practices.
- Work with business stakeholders to question, understand, document, and re-design business processes.
- Build efficient Salesforce flows to facilitate larger development efforts.
- Run demos and gather feedback.
- Monitor and manage releases and bugfixes, including code promotions to Production and back promotions to lower-level environments.
- Write technical and functional documentation.
- Provide guidance to development team members in ways to properly use the platform's declarative tools and features to deliver process automation with minimal dependency on Apex code.
- Perform code reviews and assist in developing a plan to increase the overall quality of our code base.
- Collaborate with testing and documentation of new features and bug fixes.
- Proficient in Salesforce Lightning pages, apps, security, ensuring profiles, roles, permission sets are all kept up-to-date and within compliance, while collaborating with architects, developers, and administrators to achieve an exceptional user experience.
- Support ServiceMax / Salesforce release and patch level upgrades including testing, promotion, and production deployment and support.
- Manage and support Precursive Project Management Software in the Salesforce environment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Position Requirements / Experience:
- Required: Five or more years working on the Force.com platform as a member of an Agile development team, specifically using custom objects, managed packages, visualforce pages, controllers, Apex Triggers Workflows and code, validation rules and triggers.
- Required: Salesforce Administrator, Advanced Administrator & Platform App Builder and/or any of the Salesforce Consultant Certifications.
- Required: DevOps/release management experience
- Preferred: Working knowledge and experience with Precursive Project Management Software
- Preferred: Working knowledge of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and Integrations
- Preferred: Working knowledge of utilizing and navigating Anypoint Platform's CloudHub
- Preferred: Practical experience using a source control system like BitBucket
- Preferred: Strong blend of service industry experience and technology
- Preferred: Change Management skills and the ability to react quickly and delegate.
- You have a customer first focus and seek to understand how solutions can benefit the customers daily life.
- Growth mindset with the desire to work in a collaborative environment to promote and drive team performance.
- Possess strong analytical, design, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment.
- Accountable: Does what they say. Honors commitments. Takes action. Follows through.
- Detail Oriented: Gets the details right in all work products and communications.
- Positive & Engaged: Brings a positive attitude to work. Understands that employees succeed together.
- Principled: Does the right thing. Remains honest and provides constructive feedback.
- Adaptable: Improve always. Seeks to continuously improve the business, the team, and themselves.
Education and/or Experience
- Individuals applying for this position should have a minimum bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Software Development.
- Preferred: Information Technology or Computer Engineering.