We are looking for an experienced DevOps and Development Automation Engineer for a client in the Financial Services and Banking industry.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outgoing and committed infrastructure specialist to take responsibility and ownership for driving the delivery model to the next level. The role will involve being hands on across the full development lifecycle, from design and development to testing and orchestration. Throughout the process, you will be focused on efficient delivery, team collaboration and reliable, scalable and good performance of services.
This is the ideal role for someone who who wants to influence and make decisions rather than being told what to do. You will be the go-to person for this technical area and will work within a Software & Development team who will support in daily tasks.
- Design & manage the toolset related to the software development lifecycle
- Develop a highly automated CI/CD platform to reduce manual operational tasks via testing and deployment automation
- Deliver deployment strategies focused on reliability, automation, maintainability and security improving performance, fault tolerance and deployment velocity
- Adopt and maintain tools to support the developers via automated alerting mechanisms
- Analyze complex systems and apply best practises implementing improvements
- Coach and mentor team members to adopt more modern technologies and ways of work
- Collaboration with other stakeholders to identify new/alternative solutions to improve infrastructure
- Higher education in Computer Science of a similar area of study (ideally Bachelors or Masters)
- 5+ years of experience on deployment tools, configuring & maintaining monitoring and alerting dashboards in a DevOps, DevSecOps, or Engineering role
- Experience using applications containerization/orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Advanced Unix-like OS and bash scripting skills and hands on experience with CI/CD pipelines - Jenkins/Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Configuration Management tools - Terraform, Ansible, Chef/Puppet and also with monitoring, observability and visualization tools - Grafana, Prometheus, ELK stack
- Good communications skills