We are currently searching for a Senior Infrastructure and Cloud Architect for a Swiss-based client in the Wealth/Asset Management and Private Equity industry. More specifically, this business works within the private markets, serving hundreds of institutional investors to realise their potential by financing and developing high-performing companies, real estate and infrastructure.
As a Senior Infrastructure and Cloud Engineer/Architect, you will be the go-to person for technologies both on-prem and in the AWS Cloud. With an upcoming IT cloud migration and the opening of a brand new office, this person will drive decision making (alongside an experienced IT Infrastructure & Management team), adopt best practises of application delivery and IaaS and much more within agile and DevOps environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to design, deliver & implement the existing infrastructure into the AWS Cloud whilst collaborating with senior stakeholders and C-suites on technical strategy, solution design, cost control and much more.
- Work as a lead infrastructure engineer/architect across technologies both on-prem and cloud
- Own the infrastructure overview to ensure resilience, performance and control over costs
- Assess, advise, plan and implement transition of existing infrastructure to AWS cloud while owning and maintaining current on-prem infrastructure during transition
- Own and execute projects in the infrastructure space including the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and drive adoption of best practices throughout the software delivery process for both application delivery and infrastructure as a service
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Own and improve components shared across entire platform such as: system message handling, mailing and mail processing, feed generation etc.)
- Manage the relationship with internal clients and stakeholders
- Propose strategic approaches to drive the business applications platform further
- Strong academic background - ideally Bachelors, MSc in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience in owning, developing & maintaining complex technical infrastructure
- Extensive cloud development/architecture experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, experience using GitLab or similar platform
- Advanced understanding & application of methodologies in CI/CD, DevOps, Agile, Kanban, SCRUM
- Strong coordination and communication skills. You will need to be able to work closely with a variety of IT & Business professionals
This is a Permanent job opportunity, offering a strong and attractive compensation package within a flexible working environment. Please contact William.firstname.lastname@example.org | +41 43 508 05 01 for additional information