Oliver James Associates have been engaged by a leading Reinsurance client in Dublin to recruit a Senior Life Valuation Actuary.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in Life (re)insurance and experience of Solvency II
Our client is a leading, international Reinsurance organisation. The company is looking to enhance their Actuarial function in Dublin with a Qualified Life Actuary with strong Reserving/Solvency II knowledge.
You will join a friendly and supportive team, in a role that offers generous remuneration and clear career progression. You will work with colleagues globally including Paris and HongKong.
Location: Dublin with flexible working arrangements
Annual base salary:90,000-120,000 EUR depending on experience
Role: Support the consolidation of the quarterly technical provisions for the Life business in Dublin.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Assist with production of TPs and QRTs
- Assist with the production of Reserving reports and interact with international business units.
- Enhance the solvency II closing process
- Propose Best Estimate Assumptopn updates
- Review the calculation of Best Estimate Reserves for SII and MCEV and the calculation of Statutory Reserves for USGAAP and IFRS 17
Projects: You will be a key contact in major projects relating to Reserving and Consolidation:
- Support Infrastructure Team during the new Overlay Tool modernisation and Centralised Database building phases
- Support IFRS 17, US GAAP LDTI implementation
- Mentor, guide and spread both technical and operational knowledges with other team members in the use and development of models and tools and in the methodolical impacts of IFRS17 and US GAAP LDTI
- Propose innovative improvements on both tools and methodology
- Ensure a robust control framework by automation of validations
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Actuary with 5+ years working experience in Life (re)insurance - reserving, valuation or pricing
- Knowledge of MoSes/Risk Agility FM, AXIS, R and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
- Reinsurance knowledge would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- Able to fit into dynamic structure
- Keen to work with other colleagues from other geographical locations/Cultures.
Apply today! or contact Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@ojassociates.com with a copy of your CV
Oliver James Associates specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally. Contact Chris.Armstrong@OJassociates.com for a confidential discussion about your career.