One of the world's leading Orlando based Re-insurers is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their diverse team of professionals. The parent company is based in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange. They are looking to IPO within the United States by 2025, as they have had such rapid growth since opening operations in the US. Due to this growth, this is a newly created position that will sit directly under the Accounting Manager. Excellent opportunity to learn from some of the best insurance accountants in Florida and expand your skill set within a collaborative work environment.
- Record manual entries in the General Ledger, including GAAP adjustments (after approval by the relevant FP&A Business Partner).
- Perform manual uploads of external files using a standard SAP journal template.
- Execute batch jobs to transfer data from external systems into the General Ledger.
- Manage accruals, deferrals, and reversals.
- Calculate and document intercompany payments and loans.
- Conduct Intercompany reconciliations upon completion of recharges.
- Post adjustment entries before the close of financial periods.
- Assist in the management and review of General Ledger Account Master Data.
- Generate required reports, such as Trial Balances and extracts for the Tax team.
- Coordinate the extraction and upload of journal files from Clearwater to SAP One GL.
- Collaborate with the Sub Ledger Processing and Treasury teams to share cash positions with Clearwater for Investment reporting.
- Perform reconciliations for Investment Assets in One GL.
- Document expenses, accruals, and other customized adjustments based on input from Actuarial, FP&A, and other business partners.
- Complete assigned duties.
- Ensure compliance with relevant UK or international statutory and regulatory obligations, including but not limited to obligations related to prudent business management, customer interests, sanctions, financial crime rules, regulatory requirements, and local licensing restrictions. Adhere to the Group's whistleblowing procedures.
- 3-5 Years of Experience in Accounting (Insurance Accounting Experience Preferred)
- Strong knowledge and experience in ERP systems, encompassing sub-ledgers and ledger aspects of accounting systems and processes.
- Solid understanding of external (GAAP & Statutory) and internal reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in data analysis and risk management.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with team members.
- Proactive mindset to enhance local and functional processes.
Now is your opportunity to join this rapidly growing team and accelerate your career!
For inquiries, please contact Julian.Campofiori@oliverjames.com