Senior Application Development role providing the opportunity to be part of a global application delivery team, supporting multiple businesses within and beyond the bank. You will help shape the next generation Margin & Collateral Management platform.
You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will build and deliver real-time, straight through processing solutions to support margin calculation and collateral management, integrating with the end to end platforms and business processes for front-office, risk and finance. You will be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from scoping and design to implementation and operation, applying best practices in engineering to automate the full software development pipelines.
- Strong hands on developer. Expected to lead the team by example
- Technologies used: Java microservices on cloud, Cassandra NoSQL database, Oracle database, Kafka messaging. We use Cloudera based private cloud but AWS will be coming so AWS experience would be good.
- Design thinking approach to problem solving
- Design for performance and stability
- Class/Object Design patterns
- Architecture design patterns
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Strong performance designing, transaction management, transaction boundaries
- Ability to affect change on the team by leading through example, help to drive the business and keep things moving
- True technologist that can provide technical guidance
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages: Java, Kafka, Cassandra, Microservices