Our international insurer client is seeking to appoint a Senior Axis Modelling Actuary
They offer an international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple sections of our business, with a structure that fosters collaboration with various stakeholders.
Core aspects of the role:
- Responsible for maintenance of all valuation models that use Moody's AXIS actuarial software
- Track software issues and act as main contact with Moody's for software development needs and bug fixes
- Track IT concerns and act as main contact for IT regarding infrastructure, technology, and licensing matters relating to AXIS
- Mentor and guide other team members in the use and development of models and tools
- Assist in setting up newly won business in AXIS reserving models
- Promote communication amongst valuation modelers to facilitate knowledge transfer and a collaborative environment
- Ensure each product team follows a robust control framework and completes appropriate model testing and documentation
- Develop and enforce best practices for model governance
- Work closely with pricing modelling leads to ensure alignment of models between pricing and reserving
- Maintain relationships and information exchanges with North America Life valuation and pricing modelling leads
- Ensure sufficient model controls for SOX, internal and external audit requirements
- Oversee analysis of future potential model improvements or updates
- Coordinate Moody's AXIS update implementations and testing with IT and modeller staff
- Work with LDTI and IFRS 17 project leads to understand requirements for the extension of the AXIS valuation models to ensure compliance with the standards.
- Work with consultants to complete final steps of model migration and modernisation
- Qualified Actuary or experienced professional with a university degree in relevant field (Actuarial, Statistics, IT, Engineering) with 5 or more years working experience in Life reserving or pricing in the (re)insurance field, or related actuarial experience with a strong AXIS model development background.
- Prior experience in the modelling of financial reporting regimes, including USGAAP LDTI, IFRS 17, SII, BMA and MAS, would be advantageous.
- Knowledge in relevant software: AXIS/Risk Integrity/IFRS 17 Link/US GAAP Link/R/SQL/Excel/VBA/Business Objects
- Strong product understanding and IT and data management skills;
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset
- Strongly driven to streamline business processes, with an emphasis on automation and maintainability
- Experience in specification, development and testing of actuarial and data transformation software
Personal and communication
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
- Able to set and manage priorities
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- High motivation, team-orientation
- Keen to work with other cultures
For more information get in touch via the below details..