Oliver James is partnering with a leading personal lines insurer that is looking to hire a Technical Claims Director for their Auto unit. You will be responsible for the management, development and day to day operations of three technical claims teams. You will drive technical and operational strategy for your department and be the head point of contact for all Auto Damage, Liability, Bodily Injury and Large Loss/Litigation cases. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's fastest growing insurers, that has won various awards for customer experience, claims performance and innovation.
- Drives technical and operational performance across all auto teams
- Responsible for growth, selection and training of new personnel. Monitors performance, completes performance objectives, performance reviews and responsible for on-going development.
- Technical referral point for all complex claims matters. Claims sign-off for larger losses.
- Works closely with senior leadership on business strategy, best practice and growth
- Responsible for management and claims examiner layer
- Heavily involved in recruitment and growth process
Experience / Qualifications:
- Significant claims leadership experience across all areas of auto; Property Damage, Liability, Bodily Injury and Large Loss/Litigation. This is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of all related liability claims matters including litigation
- Strong project management / consulting capabilities
- Strong understanding of technology and how it applies to insurance
- University Degree and ideally AIC Designation
- Willingness to work from Atlanta, GA office as required
Along with the opportunity to build and develop a claims department, this role also offers an excellent salary and benefits package, along with a clear career path into senior leadership.