Bank, (Amsterdam) €69.353,26 - €100.656,- based on 36 hours workweek
COO Risk & Finance/Global Services/Cost Accounting and Reporting Services (CARS) is looking for a highly motivated Cost Accounting and Invoicing specialist who wants to make the difference.
Role and responsibilities
Global Services is the central partner for many of accounting, risk and financial reporting services worldwide. We promise our customers that they can count on us by delivering on promises, building trust, simplifying work, learning & improving and being passionate.
The Accounting & Reporting Expert will be part of the Cost Accounting and Reporting Services department within Global Services. Within this team your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the end-to-end Cost Accounting and Invoicing service and its continuous improvement
- Cross-circle & outside GS oriented - work with various stakeholders (Business Partners, Tribes, Global Services Circles, IBSS locations) to align on strategies
- Track service level performance and set priority to improve it
- Make use of new technology, standards, tools and/or market developments within and outside the bank Use data analytics to determine improvements
- Optimize Data Quality
- Linking pin for aligning demand from the Data Quality Circle with the Tribes jointly with the Business Partner Services Circle
- Determine impact and drive decisions, in line with the organization's long-term strategy & KPIs
- Service governing & backlog management
- Support onboardings
- Be SOX and MSFRR compliant; coordinate key (Sox-) controls implemented and pro-actively assessing risk areas
- Provide service Knowledge Management
- Attribute to the Cost Accounting and Asset Management processes in alignment with the stakeholders
- Attribute to usage of new Billing tooling for invoicing
- Monitor pro-actively continuous improvements in data and processes and support new product implementations by advising on the consequences for the Finance processes and applications and testing new developments
- Be a first contact person for (external) auditors. You ensure quality and correctness of information and replies towards external auditors and regulators
- Act as a connector and manage business relations with other departments such as Business (Front and Back Office) and Financial Business Advise
Who are we looking for?
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead.
In other words, you have an end-to-end process mindset, identify interdependencies between processes easily and have a strong drive to optimise and innovate. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a senior specialist within the Cost Accounting and Reporting Services circle, you work closely with numerous stakeholders (Global Services circles, Tribes, Business Partners, IBSS locations) to optimise and innovate Cost Accounting and Invoicing services. You are therefore constantly looking for new technologies, tools and/or market developments (within and outside the bank) to improve your service and ensure it is future-proof, this role is internally called Service Owner.
As a Service Owner, you determine impact of proposed changes and take timely decisions, in line with the organization's long-term strategy and KPIs. You monitor service levels performance, identify bottlenecks, and take timely actions to structurally solve them. You manage to get your message across and are not scared from facing resistance. You are the ambassador of the Global Services vision across COORF organization and beyond and stakeholders see you as a valuable partner to achieve common goals. Strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills are therefore a key to fulfilling the role of a Service Owner successfully.
How you'll succeed
- (University) degree, preferably in accountancy
- 5 years of proven relevant experience
- Strong process management skills - e.g. Green belt or similar degree
- Sound knowledge of cost accounting, Intercompany charging and tax.
- Affinity with IT systems
- KPI driven
- Sticks to principles despite external pressure and uses indirect influence
- Stakeholder management skills
If you think that this is an interesting opportunity for you then I would like to get in contact!
Arie.email@example.com / +3208088609