For this Financial Services organisation we are looking for a financial controller. This organisation is focused on making banking easier by smart technical solutions to meet the customers needs. They are looking for a spontaneous, open and communicatively strong person who is open for a 24 hour per week job to join this team. Does this sound like you?
In a nutshell
As a financial controller you will be part of our financial control team. Our team is responsible for accounting and reporting on the financial performance of the organisation. You will play an important role in the operational activities of the team but will also contribute to our financial data transformation.
Within the dynamic bank, we are in close contact with the business and other finance teams. Our closing process includes focus areas such as savings, unsecured loans, hedging and wholesale financing where we perform most of the accounting activities. In addition, we have a number of focus areas where the services and the accounting is outsourced for example for mortgages and debt securities. In our monthly business review process we report the performance on all of these areas.
A taste of your activities are;
* Perform the monthly closing for your focus areas
* Working together with multiple stakeholders on projects and improvement initiatives.
* Preparation for upcoming closing periods and analysis on previous closing periods to keep the organisation in control.
* Assist in the preparation of the annual report
Our financial control team consists of five enthusiastic financial specialists. The fundamental beliefs behind the organisation's mission our fully embedded in the way we work:
* We are human and do things with great love; We focus on becoming more and more data driven but, in the end, the human touch and communication will make the difference.
* We are open and always honest. Reporting is not just about the numbers but the story behind it.
* We are positive and go above and beyond; We believe in developing everyone through on-the-job coaching, though also by offering internal and external training.
* We are entrepreneurial and take risks intelligently; We believe in assigning ownership instead of tasks and, as a result, everyone within the team gets the chance to own and be in the lead of a focus area within our team.
* Completed a MSc. in Finance or similar academic programs.
* Preferably 0-3 years of relevant working experience; SQL knowledge is a bonus.
* Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills (clearly formulating opinion, showing critical thinking, etc.).
* Self-starter with the ability, agility and motivation for self-learning.