SCRUM MASTER - INSURANCE - FINANCIAL SERVICES - AGILE - PERMANENT - LONDON
Reporting into the Chief Digital Transformation Officer and works closely with the Global Risk Solution (GRS) technology teams to deliver innovative solutions and capabilities that leverage our technical expertise and business understanding and partnerships to enable market-leading performance world-wide.
The Regulatory, Risk and Business Process portfolio, deliver major initiatives, small enhancements and business as usual support to the Regulatory and Risk function and also delivery support to Operating Model initiatives that touch on cross functional areas.
The business are continuously implementing Agile practices and seeks to recruit an Advanced Scrum master to support the portfolio, ensuring they work with the team to ensure business needs are understood and met.
- Uses retrospectives and other Lean-Agile techniques to implement small changes that lead to demonstrable improvement for the team
- Guides and coaches the team on how to use Agile/Scrum values and practices to delight customers and achieve business outcomes
- Facilitates team level ceremonies using well-known facilitation techniques
- Understands the importance of establishing trust and the need to remain neutral when facilitating
- Assesses the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team and helps identify areas where coaching may be needed to foster improvement
- Works with to team and Product Owner to facilitate the breaking down of initiatives and Epics into regular cycles of delivery and improve the predictability of delivery
- Supports the removal of blockers/impediments in the delivery of outcomes
- Actively seeks coaching and mentoring from more experienced SMs & coaches
- Enables close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions
- Focuses on improving relationships within the team as well as with their key stakeholders
- Educates team about Scrum or other applicable Lean-Agile approach to increase their understanding and help them apply it in their specific context
- Shares resources with the team on various agility and lean topics
- Develops skills to observe and provide consistent and impactful feedback
- Seeks to identify and create specific, measurable learning goals when teaching individuals or teams
- Ensures team is clear on the vision or "why" for the change. Is aware of stakeholders for/against change
- Seeks to understand the current mindset and practices and how that aligns or deviates from the desired change
- Possesses limited knowledge of the mechanics of Agile and scaling frameworks
- Actively seeks out further training on unfamiliar frameworks and methods
- Helps team internalize fundamentals of relevant Agile values, principles, and practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Coaches individuals and the team on mindset and behaviour with an emphasis on helping them understand "why" agile works, not just "how" it works
- Desire to learn and develop the knowledge of leadership techniques, understanding the impact it has and attempts to model this behaviour
- A focus on continuous improvement as a way of helping the team and organisation to achieve their goals
- Stays current with Agility industry trends & explores other perspectives by reading blogs, consuming external media, & actively participating in internal/external Scrum/Agile events
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in acting as a scrum master within a team
- Knowledge/training equivalent to beginner/1st level certification from a reputable Lean-Agile organization (PSK I, PSM I, CSM, etc.) a plus
- Experience of working with delivery teams aligned to agile ways of working and creation of business value through business and technical change initiatives
- Strong problem solver with ability to work with a team to maximize progress, potential and overall effectiveness.
- A lifetime learner who is dedicated to relentless improvement of themselves and their teams, eager to face challenges in service of them.