Client is looking for Senior Accountant (Audits/Projects) to provide accounting and auditing services to Fortune 1000 companies, primarily focusing on financial statement audits, internal audits, accounting standards and other support projects.
Client prioritizes work life balance, high growth opportunities, and an focus on your professional growth with an "investment in your personal and professional growth, how can we get you there."
· Responsibilities may involve: prepare and review internal and external financial statements, incl. footnotes and other disclosures for compliance with U.S. GAAP requirements, develop and implement process improvement initiatives re: corporate accounting and financial reporting work streams, and assist with quarterly and annual SEC filings.
· May also perform financial analysis and month-end close procedures, and perform substantive audit testing on various financial statement areas at interim and year-end periods, evaluating design and operating effectiveness of internal controls for SOX compliance through documentation and testing procedures, and research current GAAP and FASB pronouncements.
· Coordinate special projects of strategic and tactical significance, and perform other duties as required.
May be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
· At least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
· CPA or CA certificate
· At least 2 years in position offered or in senior public accounting/auditor role
· Plan, perform and manage financial statement audit engagements
· Perform audits for publically listed companies, incl. industrial products and services practices
· Internal controls and financial reporting
· Consolidation procedures in multi-currency environment, using Excel
· US GAAP and IFRS
· Coordinate internal and external departments to gather information and perform testing
· Manage audit teams of at least 3 or more staff
· Guide work of junior staff in research and writing of technical accounting/auditing memos.