Oliver James Ireland is proud to be representing a global re-insurer in their focus to appoint a Senior Life and Health, Reserving AXIS Modelling Actuary / Manager.
Our client offers flexible working, in a global organisation with a key focus on career development, whilst providing a strong work-life balance. This is an international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists, and are exposed to multiple sections of our business. Our client structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders.
About the role:
- Responsible for maintenance of all valuation models that use Moody's AXIS actuarial software
- Track software issues and act as the main contact with Moody's for software development needs and bug fixes
- Track IT concerns and act as the main contact for IT regarding infrastructure, technology, and licensing matters relating to AXIS
- Mentor and guide other team members in the use and development of models and tools
- Assist in setting up newly won business in AXIS reserving models
- Promote communication amongst valuation modelers to facilitate knowledge transfer and a collaborative environment
- Ensure each product team follows a robust control framework and completes appropriate model testing and documentation
- Develop and enforce best practices for model governance
- Work closely with pricing modelling leads to ensure alignment of models between pricing and reserving
- Maintain relationships and information exchanges with North America Life valuation and pricing modelling leads
- Ensure sufficient model controls for SOX, internal and external audit requirements
- Oversee analysis of future potential model improvements or updates
- Coordinate Moody's AXIS update implementations and testing with IT and modeller staff
- Work with LDTI and IFRS 17 project leads to understand requirements for the extension of the AXIS valuation models to ensure compliance with the standards.
- Work with consultants to complete final steps of model migration and modernisation
- Qualified Actuary or experienced professional with a university degree in relevant field (Actuarial, Statistics, IT, Engineering) with 5 or more years working experience in Life reserving or pricing in the (re)insurance field, or related actuarial experience with a strong AXIS model development background.
- Prior experience in the modelling of financial reporting regimes, including USGAAP LDTI, IFRS 17, SII, BMA and MAS, would be advantageous.
- Knowledge in relevant software: AXIS/Risk Integrity/IFRS 17 Link/US GAAP Link/R/SQL/Excel/VBA/Business Objects
- Strong product understanding and IT and data management skills;
- Reinsurance knowledge is an asset
- Strongly driven to streamline business processes, with an emphasis on automation and maintainability
- Experience in specification, development and testing of actuarial and data transformation software
Personal and communication
- Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
- Able to set and manage priorities
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
- High motivation, team-orientation
- Keen to work with other cultures
*Please note you must have a strong working knowledge of GGY Axis
For more information send us your CV via the link.