Senior Java Developer - Greenfield Platform Build
Location: Hybrid Working from Home / City of London
Day Rate: c*£900 p/day Inside IR35
Duration: Initial 12 month Contract on a multi-year project.
I am currently working with a leading London based, Asset Manager that are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join an existing Product team working on a high profile and exciting greenfield platform build for it's in-house FX traders and Portfolio Managers.
You will become part of this multi-year project, participating in the design and build of greenfield applications.
You will work on:
- A new generation of front-office facing, UX-driven Portfolio Management tools for the clients dedicated Currency Solutions team.
- Help improve and build out functionality on the FX Trading E/OMS, including a move to a global trading model and integration with 3rd party providers.
- Support the move to a cloud-based platform as part of a major tech transformation programme.
- Participate in and actively contribute to improving the clients tech stack and the working practices of the team as they expand.
You should apply if:
- You're a Java guru, you live and breathe Java, you make regular contributions to open source and/or your own projects large or small.
- You have a demonstrable track record as a senior developer having experience with:
- Web services and REST API design.
- Distributed version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gradle / Artifactory / TeamCity).
- Building User facing applications working with UX researchers and designers.
- You understand and believe in the fundamentals: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
- Azure (or other cloud platforms).
- Docker / Containerisation.
- FIX messaging (such as QuickFIX/J).
For more information please get in touch on 020 3861 9148 or email me at email@example.com for more details.