Senior Model Validator (Banking)
This is where you will work
Our client is not your average financial services company. In fact, they are above average in almost every way. With an employee engagement score of 85% (compared to the 72% industry average), it sure seems like we they are doing something right. And, while most companies survive fewer than 20 years, 2019 marked our 50th. Our client collaborates with manufacturers, suppliers, and businesses in more than 30 countries to enable the acquisition of equipment, technology and software that companies need to contribute meaningfully to their communities. They believe in partnering with our customers to develop innovative and sustainable financial solutions that deliver meaningful value to the world. They are committed to making sure that all people, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical characteristics, or mental abilities, feel welcomed and encouraged to be their authentic selves. They strive to create an inclusive environment that is reflective of the communities in which they operate. Come see what all the excitement is about.
As a Model Validator, you will help bring model validation and model governance to a higher level. Do you think you have the skills to identify model risks and challenge model development? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
This are your responsibilities
- Taking a leading role in performing high quality validations and reviewing validation work of other
- validators including credit risk models, provisioning models and other models in the context of Enhanced
- Prudential Standards (EPS) regulation in the US.
- Liaising and management of internal (model development, internal audit) and external stakeholders.
- Validation of the client model development and model review methodologies and procedures.
- Validation of the client periodic model review.
- Monitoring of model risk throughout the model life cycle.
- Model governance activities regarding maintenance of the Model Inventory and managing the Model Risk
- Committee meetings.
- Managing the balance between quality of validation and the efficiency and effectiveness of the client
- model development and governance processes.
- Guiding several junior validation consultants and assure their work quality and adherence to the
- validation standards.
This is you
- A Master/bachelor's degree in Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or
- other quantitative discipline.
- At least 5 years of related work experience in modelling and/or validation including knowledge of
- associated regulations.
- Project lead experience in model development or model validation projects
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills in English
- Demonstrated experience with mathematics/statistics and data science.
- Experience with extracting and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience in executing quantitative analyses using statistical programs such as Python/R, standard
- database query language such as SQL and using cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure/Databricks
This is what you can expect
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions:
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at our client:
- An annual salary package (tailored to your personal knowledge & experience).
- An attractive pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or public transport card.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- A range of education and training opportunities.
- The option to join our collective health insurance.
- A working from home allowance per home office day.