Oliver James are currently partnered with an exciting Insurance Technology business located in Paris, France to grow out a new team of Software Engineers. Due to rapid business expansion, the Software Development department are now in a position to create a third team. Within this, we are looking to hire multiple Software Engineering professionals with a variety of experience (from 4 years plus)
For the last 5 years, the company have developed unique AL algorithms that automate the insurance pricing process in an unprecedented way. Their solution is a SaaS platform which allows insurance companies to model their risks 10 times faster, with a higher predictive power than traditional methods. constituting a major game changer for the insurance industry.
As a result of this, they have been recently selected as France's Best Insurtech and continue to win more awards.
- Designing and building new features for their SaaS platform. This will be done using efficient, reuseable & reliable code
- Maintaining existing web APIs and building new ones
- Working on technical design with internal Data Science & UX teams. Additionally, you will be sharing knowledge with junior developers and contributing best practises to the team.
- Improving the performance of cloud-based algorithms
- Refactor and improve complex data-processing mechanisms & participate in design workshops for new features.
- At least 2 years work experience in either Java, Typescript/Angular or both is required.
- Additional technical know how of Spring, PostgreSQL, Python is very beneficial.
- Experience in developing web applications
- Good communication skills and a will to share your knowledge with the team
- A will to produce good quality code and a good knowledge of software development best practices
- Any experience with AWS, Docker or Terraform is very beneficial
- Fluent English, French is a benefit to your application.
You'll join a highly skilled and motivated team that is willing to share their knowledge and passion for advanced data science, computer science and actuarial sciences