FREELANCE - Medior Server Storage System Engineer - Project Mode
Start Date : ASAP
Duration : This is an assignment until 31/12/2021. Possible extension for next year.
Work place Location : Mont-Saint-Guibert.
Working hours : office hours + Night shift 1 week/8.
Seniority : between +3y experience - 8y experience
Purpose of the Mission (project & department description)
A Server and Storage systems Engineer is responsible for Servers in a Microsoft Windows environment and storage, from the transition from design to operations, through implementation, configuration and support.
The Systems Engineers we are looking for will join a project team dedicated to the migration of several applications to new servers.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
§ Installation, configuration and upgrading of servers, storage and related hardware and software in an international environment.
§ Installation, configuration and upgrading of virtualization, Business continuity plan and Backup solution.
§ Investigation, diagnostic testing and resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure incidents.
§ Working in validated environment which implies writing and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures, and follow controlled change management process. This is an important part of the role as the applications to install have not been documented (installation procedures have to be created).
§ Server and Storage Design is not part of the job.
Experience, Knowledge & Soft Skill Requirements
- Mandatory skills : UNIX : Linux/Unix and OS RedHat
- Hard Skills (the candidate should have a strong technical level in at least 2 of these areas):
Strong knowledge of Windows Server Products and Applications 2008 or higher
* Strong knowledge of HP Hardware Blade and DL servers
* Strong knowledge of Storage and SAN Systems: HP, IBM or Brocade
* Strong knowledge of VMWare 5 or higher
* Good knowledge of Citrix 6.5 or higher
- Nice to have technical skills:
Good Knowledge of VB Script and PowerShell
* Good knowledge of MS SQL
* Good knowledge of Network
* Knowledge of IBM TSM is a plus
- Soft Skills
Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English
* Autonomous: able to work independently to install applications on new servers and to look for / create the related documentation
* Able to work in a validated environment
* Can work independently as well as team player
* Strong analytical skills
* Service Minded - Familiar with the fundamentals of IT Service Management and SLA's
* Coping With Stress in Crisis Situations
Education, Methodology & Certification Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
* Certifications Windows Server 2008 or higher is mandatory
* ITIL v3 Foundations certified is a plus
* Strong affinity with IT evolutions
Language Proficiency Requirements
* French - Fluent
- English - Business