Did you know the average recruiter spends just seven seconds reading your CV? An engaging personal profile can encourage them to look a little deeper, so impress straight from the off by following these simple steps:
- Interesting details about you and your background
- Unique and relevant qualities
- Key words from the job description
- Cliché expressions
- Lengthy or overly complex sentences
- Abilities not related to the role
Without a decent personal profile, your CV is simply a list of skills, jobs and qualifications. No context. No character. Just words on a page that could come from anyone. Don’t be anyone – be you.
For more help like this, check out our previous Quick Tips piece here.