The Dive In Festival for Diversity & Inclusion in insurance will take place from 25 to 27 September, with events across the global stage dedicated to a single clear objective: how insurers can turn awareness into action. This year’s theme is the inauguration of a two-year campaign to demonstrably advance business diversity and inclusion – and Oliver James will be spearheading the case for change in events across Manchester and Milan.
Dive In is helping insurance and its affiliated industries get fit for the future, highlighting the benefits of diverse and inclusive workplaces, and providing ideas and inspiration for how to implement new ways of thinking within a market poised for transformation.
It’s an initiative that Oliver James is proud to champion, as we look forward to welcoming guests to our exciting Manchester office. Working alongside AIG and CII, we will be supporting the insurance sector and its affiliated industries in healthy debate around a variety of topics. These include:
- How more inclusive cultures lead to greater innovation, creativity and growth
- Obstacles and barriers facing BAME employees in career progression and management
- Tools to manage stress and anxiety in the workplace
- How to drive more inclusive recruitment and selection strategies
The organisation of these events has been a collaborative effort with leading insurers AIG, as Penelope Clarke, Multinational Underwriter and D&I advocate, comments “I am proud to be working with Oliver James to organise the Dive In Festival for the second year running in Manchester. It was really well attended last year, and I’m sure this will be echoed the second time round. The financial sector is a great place to work, and 2018’s theme #time4inclusion is all about making it an even better place for everyone. Dive In will highlight how we can do more to help people feel welcome in the industry, and also how we can ensure that everyone has an equal chance to succeed.”
Ik Onyiah, Head of Corporate Projects for Oliver James, added “Organising the events programme has been a truly exciting initiative, as we met with many enthusiastic subject matter experts from across the North West keen to effect wider change in the industry. This is a topic close to my heart, so I hope our delegates take as much from these inspirational individuals as I have in learning that inclusivity, above all, is fundamental to business growth.”
We can’t wait to discuss the many workplace scenarios, experiences and case studies the festival will no doubt unearth.
Tuesday 25th September
- Embracing diversity for improved business results
- Practical actions to manage stress and anxiety in the workplace
Wednesday 26th September
- Workshop on inclusive recruitment practices
- The power of inclusion
Thursday 27th September
- Journey through parenthood
- BAME: Breaking down barriers around career progression
- Wellbeing taster session: managing thoughts about the future – worry and anxiety