Our client is a rapidly growing, fortune 500 insurance conglomerate. Due to increased M&A activity and increased underwriting performance the business has experienced parabolic growth over the past 5 years.
Due to this growth, the business seeks to add additional talent to it's tax team. In this role you will support the SVP of Taxation on a number of corporate tax related issues.
In this role you will be responsible for:-
- Manage and develop resources within the tax function.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies across the domestic and international operations of the group in connection with numerous areas, including but not limited to M&A, investments, internal structuring, employment tax matters, etc.
- Prepares complex tax returns and tax research with the support of the tax function and external advisors
- Manage all tax audits and examinations, and negotiates settlement of disputed issues with all taxing authorities.
- Advises senior leadership on new legislation and trend impacting the company
- Annual and quarterly tax provisions including tax footnote disclosures for U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting purposes.
- Reviews tax information supplied by the company's operating units, both domestic and international.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations.
- Coordination and management of multiple external advisors.
- Strong team approach when working with colleagues.
Desired candidate qualifications and experience:-
- A minimum of tenyears of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation and/or MST Degree preferred
- Extensive background and technical understanding of corporate insurance tax, as well as taxation relating to investments, partnerships and M&A transactions.
- Relevant experience in federal, state and local tax laws with concepts in property and casualty insurance industry.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and utilize significant data to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management at the corporate and subsidiary level.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead, collaborate, develop and mentor staff.
- Ability to apply critical decision making.
- Experience in a tax department of a large multi-entity corporation is a plus.
If you posses the above qualifications and experience and would like to discuss further, please contact Chris Dodds via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively apply using the prompts provided.