Our client offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where their actions define them, more than any words or promises. They are always willing to innovate to keep their business ahead of the market.
They are looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to support them by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team working to maintain the company's finances.
The Senior Finance Accountant reports to the Financial Reporting Manager and is responsible for maintaining general ledger and preparation of financial statements. This will be an opportunity to influence the running and improvement of the monthly and quarterly reportings. The role would assist the IFRS 17 project, with testing, implementation support, and technical accounting review for the Belgian entity.
What are you expected to do?
- Preparation of financial results, including delivery of analytical reviews.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including completing a technical review to ensure all reporting requirements are met and supporting the year-end audit.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Ensure that any points raised by either internal or external audit are followed up.
- Improvement of the financial reporting process in the IFRS 17 project
- Support the initiatives in place to improve the accounting and reporting process.
What your profile looks like?
- 4 to 8 years experience in accounting and reporting role within a financial institution.
- Experience within insurance industry is non negotiable; good knowledge of the life insurance business would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, IFRS 17 and BEGAAP.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for insurance companies in Belgium.
- Good English, is a must; French would be an advantage.
If you are keen to join one of the leaders of the insurance industry in Belgium, do not wait any longer and get in touch to know more about this opportunity at email@example.com
Not sure to be the perfect match? Do not hesitate to share with your network!