Snowflake Cloud Database Administrator - Remote - 12 Month Contract
My client is offering the opportunity for an experienced Snowflake database administrator to join its Database Operations team.
* Work in a globally distributed team to manage enterprise Snowflake data platform support.
* Design, optimize, document and implement the operational aspects in supporting the snowflake cloud platform. Including performance optimizations and User security auditing.
* Implement/support automation for production deployment in Snowflake.
* Implement Snowflake standards and methodologies for DB security.
* Implement/support automation Snowflake - Accounts/Databases and access roles.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
* Implement data sharing /replication - cross cloud/cross region for internal/external clients
* Create Snowflake utilization and capacity plan.
* Tune the DB performance and improve Snowflake queries.
* Identify system bottlenecks in the DB and recommend solutions.
* Implement Snowflake user /query log analysis and alerts.
* Implement data encryption/decryption/masking policies to protect data.
What you bring:
* Hands on experience with Snowflake.
* Experience implementing Snowflake external functions.
* Hands-on experience in administering Snowflake in Azure
* Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems.
* Experience with developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts.
* Knowledge of security controls for the Public cloud ( encryption of data in motion/rest and key management)
* Demonstrated proficiency of index design, query plan optimization and analysis required.
* Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with Azure alerting/monitoring tools.
* Experience with Azure CLI and Networking
* Strong communication and written skills
* Self-starter with ability to take direction and manage tasks with minimal supervision within an energized, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
Experience & Certification:
* Snowflake Advanced certification - Desired
* Snowpro core certification required
* Experience in development of SQL, Python, and Shell based scripting to build a variety of reporting and application data warehouses - Preferred
* 4+ years of experience as Snowflake DBA
If interested please respond with an updated resume.