This is where you will work
We are looking for a team lead of the Model Owner Retail team for our clients Model Owner & RWA Oversight (MO&R) department. MO&R is one of the departments within the Credit Risk organisation. The main role of the MO&R department is to act as owner of credit risk models and RWA oversight from a 2nd Line of Defense perspective. Within the MO&R department our Model Owner Retail team is responsible for the oversight of the use, implementation and quality of the Pillar I and the Economic Capital (EC) credit risk models. The retail team focusing on program lending ("retail") portfolios comprising +/- 8 FTE. You will be leading the team based on your vision on the developments in the model landscape and your views on an appropriate organisational-set-up.
The MO&R department comprises of three, focusing on the ownership of the Pillar I and Economic Capital Credit Risk models and on RWA Oversight. MO&R is part of the Credit Risk division, which form the 2nd Line of Defense of credit risk management. Within the Credit Risk division, MO&R is one of the shared capabilities, which means that we are aiming to share knowledge with other departments.
The Model Owner retail team works closely with the departments responsible for developing and maintaining models (Modelling Data, Risk Modelling, Model Validation), implementing the models (several GRIDs), the business lines using the models deployed and supervising authorities such as internal Audit and DNB/ECB. All subject matter experts you will work closely together with affiliated departments including the (Non-) Financial and business grids and Operational Risk Management & Control to ensure a proper model landscape and use of models. The team creates aggregated reports on credit risk model related matters and shares these with senior management such as MT Credit Risk, Group Risk Committee (GRC), Methodology Acceptance Group (MAG), as well as with other key stakeholders in particular the ECB.
Within the MO&R department, professionals can grow and develop further and it is appreciated when you actively contribute to improving the way of working. Different views are valued and respected and it is encouraged to provide a new perspective. The atmosphere is open and informal and we are willing to help each other.
You have the opportunity to lead the Model Owner Retail team which a.o. represents the model ownership for the assigned credit risk models. The team facilitates all necessary activities for Credit Risk to accept this accountability and to ensure that the model life cycle is appropriately followed. This team takes the accountability for credit risk model ownership; keeps oversight on the design, internal and regulatory approval, implementation, use, monitoring and decommissioning of the owned credit risk models. The models owned are used for regulatory and economic capital calculation, risk based decision making, portfolio management, pricing, and multiple other uses. During the entire model life cycle you are responsible for the oversight of these models, while depending on the phase of the life cycle your role will either lean towards formulating opinions on the quality of models, initiating discussions on necessary changes, or reporting on the state of affairs of the models.
The Model Owner retail team is operating in a challenging environment of fast pace developments in the model landscape. As the team lead, the team will be looking for your guidance and vision on the future development of models and the set-up of the model life cycle. You will represent the team in several meeting-cycles with senior management and bank-wide projects. At the same time you will be organising the team to become a pro-active model owner managing both model and credit risk types in relation to the owned models. You will have to find a balance between several interest in the bank that relate to the use and functioning of models.
This is what they expect
You are a great candidate to become our new colleague, if you meet the following description:
- You exhibit excellent leadership skills;
- You are effective in communicating your vision on the model life cycle;
- You have 10-15 years working experience in a relevant position;
- You are knowledgeable in the context of the CRD/CRR framework;
- You have an academic education in a relevant field;
- You are a fast thinker that can work on detailed questions as well as overarching challenges;
- You have sufficient knowledge of credit risk model related regulations;
- You are looking forward to stakeholder management discussions;
- You show pro-activity and can you steer discussions;
We are offering
In this role you will get the opportunity to make a significant difference for the bank, which comes with high attention of the bank's senior management. The complexity in model development projects combined with sometimes strict deadlines will drive you to develop yourself on content as well as leadership and project management. The Risk Modelling team covers many areas and is still expanding, which offers additional opportunities for personal growth.
On top of that they offer:
- A custom made annual salary (based on knowledge & experience);
- An informal multicultural working environment with great colleagues;
- Challenging work on complex and advanced quantitative problems;
- A supplementary benefit budget which you can spend on flexible fringe benefits or use as addition to your salary;
- A solid pension plan
- An annual public transportation pass
- A personal development budget of €1.000 per year;
- Flexible working hours;
- A wide range of training opportunities;
- Career development and the possibility to gain experience in all areas of risk modelling, in other business areas of the bank, or in one of the international locations;